My favourite make up artist, Mario Dedivanovic, did an interview with US Magazine on how to achieve Kim Kardashian’s “smoky eyes”. I love that he explains in so much detail and includes all the products that he uses. This look works on everyone! Hope you like it…
1. Start out with a bit of foundation on the eyelids and set with loose powder. This will give your lids the perfect base to apply shadows and blend them flawlessly.
2. Take a medium to dark shimmery shade of either copper, bronze or slate and apply all over the lids up to the crease. Try MAC PRO Reflects in Antique Gold.
3. Using a clean soft brush, blend that out towards the temples. I like to blend up as well for a great smokey cat eye. Line all along the upper lash line with a black pencil and go thicker with the line towards the outter corners.
4. Using a small brush or Q-Tip, blend the top line a bit so that the liner blends into the shadow on the lid.
5. Curl lashes and apply a couple of coats of mascara. Try Lancome’s Hypnose Drama mascara for great volume and length.
6. Clean off the under eye area with a makeup wipe. Apply concealer underneath the eyes. Try Smashbox High Definition Liquid Concealer.
7. Set concealer with a loose powder. Use the black pencil along the inner rim of the eyes and feel free to go outside of the inner rim and along the lower lashes just a bit.
8. Using the copper shadow on a smaller brush, smoke the lower lash line right below the black line. Blend with a clean brush so there are no harsh lines.
9. Finish the eyes with black mascara on the lower lashes as well.